LEGO Celebrating 90 Years of Play
LEGO is celebrating 90 years of play this June. The company had its humble beginnings in a carpenter’s workshop, where he decided to make small wooden toys for his children in 1932. The LEGO Group has grown to become one of the biggest toy companies in the world today, and it inspires children and adults around the world to build and play every day. Giving them a chance to explore their creativity and build confidence.
The exact date of LEGO’s 90th birthday is August 10th, 2022, but I guess we are all too excited to wait until August, so the celebration is starting this June. In its newsletter about the 90th-anniversary celebration, LEGO has given a range of activities that are lined up to help both children and adults of all ages enjoy the LEGO play experience. These activities include:
- Inspiring families with exciting building challenges and a ‘What Brick Are You?’ quiz starting from June 9 on LEGO.com, LEGO social media channels and LEGO Life,
- Celebrating the role of play in the lives of world-renowned creatives such as Alicia Keys, Yotam Ottolenghi and Peggy Gou,
- Turning LEGO stores into playgrounds from June 10, with fun, anniversary-themed building activities for visitors and display areas for creations to be showcased,
- Honouring awesome AFOLs by showing how they have never stopped playing, creating and inspiring us as a brand,
- Bringing LEGO fans and families together for an exciting look behind-the-scenes of LEGO HQ with LEGO CON on June 18,
- Showcasing children’s ability to turn mundane moments into playful adventures, and providing inspiration to help parents to do the same as part of the LEGO Foundation’s #PlayPledge movement,
- Collaborating with entertainment, art and design, music, fashion, sports and gaming partners to create playful spaces and experiences for communities around the world,
- Recreating iconic LEGO models to provide hours of fun and nostalgia for the family with the LEGO Classic 90 Years of Play with another celebratory set still to be revealed,
- Inviting LEGOLAND guests in select parks* to Play YOUR Way as they experience five different types of play activities and collect badges as they explore LEGOLAND,
- Helping fans of all ages experience a world of playful learning activities with 25 million LEGO bricks at LEGO House in Billund, the “Home of the Brick”,
- And giving our 24,000+ colleagues around the world time off to celebrate and experience the power of play together on June 10th on our annual LEGO Play Day.
Follow the hashtag #LEGO90years on social media, or visit LEGO.com/90-Years-Of-Play to join in the fun.